Tuesday, January 1, 2013

SHO TEPPAN: D.I.Y Teppanyaki

Last Friday of 2012. Went to have dinner with my girlfriend before we headed for a movie marathon. But this is a food blog, so I'll touch on the food we had. Sitting at B3 of Ion Orchard, this D.I.Y Teppanyaki restaurant. The food is marinated nicely, but let me give you an inside depth of the food as a whole.



Wagyu Beef Steak Set $23.90
Egg (sold separately) $0.80

Comments:  Apologies I forgot to take the Teppanyaki pot.The beef is really tender. As it's a D.I.Y teppanyaki, I chose to cook it medium rare, just the way I like my beef. For the Wagyu Beef Steak, it's different from the rest as u have to cook the vegetables given first then cook the beef with a little bit of oil.


Seafood $9.90

Comments: Ordered this as an ala-carte. Got to admit, their seafood is REALLY GOOD. Very fresh, the prawn was sweet beyond words, The salmon is also good too. The scallops are quite small though. The fish cake and the mussels tasted normal. The downside about ordering this, you got to really cook it well, if not you will get a tummy upset. But you do not want to overcook it as it will lose its taste. Fortunately I have cooking genes so the food tasted well.


Kurobuta with Black Pepper Sauce $17.90

Comments: Kurobuta is known as black pork. It is one of the most tender type of pork in the market now, but it does not come cheap. Anyway the pork is really nice. Chewy with just the right amount of fat in it. Other than black pepper sauce, they also have Teppanyaki, Teriyaki and Miso sauce.

Overall review: The food is really good and at affordable pricing. Meal time it is a must to queue (although the waiting time is about 20 mins), if not, you could try making a reservation. Would go back and try their other food next time and try out their shabu shabu instead of Teppanyaki.

Website: Sho Teppan

Details of the place: #B3-19, ION Orchard / Raffles City Shopping Centre #B1-44B
                                   6509 9969 / 6336 8268

No comments:

Post a Comment