Wednesday, November 5, 2014

New Ubin Seafood Sin Ming

New Ubin Seafood is a Singapore family run business offering fresh seafood and top quality meats, served in a unique array of Zi Char, Southern Indian and other Asian/Western cooking styles. The outlay of the restaurant is sort like a kampong which represents the true essence of Pulau Ubin.

New Ubin Seafood instantly became one of my favorite "zi char" places in Singapore after I went there for dinner with my dad one night. The next time my family wants a gathering (they have private rooms too), I would recommend them to go here because the food is delicious and affordable. 

Below are some of the dishes I ordered and here's my review:


Foie Gras Egg Special $9

Comments: An example of top class food (Foie Gras) mix with coffee shop style (60 min slow-cooked egg). But don't be fooled because the combination was flawless. Singaporeans are used to having soft boiled eggs for breakfast, putting soy/dark soy sauce. As a substitute for the sauce, the foie gras topped with truffle salt compliments the dish perfectly. 


Home Smoked Pork Collar ($14/S, $20/L)

Comments: This is a must try!!! Similar to the taste and texture of Char Siew, but much more delicious due to the marination. It's something I would order again and again.


Salted Egg Oyster ($15/S, $18/M, $24/L)

Comments: If you are a fan of salted egg dishes and a fan of oysters like me, this is a must try. On first try, it may taste weird, but on second bite, it makes me want to eat more. The only downside is that it can be quite filling and that you can't enjoy the other delicious food available.


Boss Bee Hoon ($8/S, $14/M, $16/L)

Comments: Why is it named Boss Bee Hoon? I reckon it's because it's the boss signature dish. Not your typical tze char bee hoon that you normally find. A tinge of sweetness and a slight spice to it, makes it something you should try. (S) are individual portions, so you can just order a small to share if you go as a couple, because I feel the hokkien mee (below) tastes nicer.



Fried Hokkien Mee Special ($12/S, $24/L)

Comments: Basically I feel anything with pork lard mostly tastes nice. But the Hokkien Mee served here is really good. The flavor is just right and the stock is delicious. Together with pork belly, baby squids, clams and prawn, my dad and I found ourselves finishing the plate of noodles in a jiffy.


Har Cheong Kai (Shrimp Paste Chicken) ($14/S, $18/M, $20/L)

Comments: I haven't tried many fried chicken wings in Singapore but the chicken wings here are delicious. Crispy with every bite and not very oily. Can order if you love fried chicken wings.


Baby Kai Lan (Boss Style) ($8/S, $12/M, $16/L)

Comment: Fresh crunchy vegetables. Don't really order Kai Lan regularly (normally go for kang kong or sweet potato leaves), I found the dish normal in taste. A bit different would be the fried shredded Kai Lan leaves with silver fish on top.

Overall Review: As it was only me and my dad eating, we didn't order anything big. Overall the food was really delicious and the next time I go back, I would like to order their crabs and steak to try. Remember to make a reservation 2-3 days before because they are normally full house during the weekends.

Like them here: New Ubin Seafood Sin Ming
Website: Ubin Seafood
Details of the place: Block 27 Sin Ming Road (behind Block 26) #01-174, Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector A, Singapore 575680
Hotline: (+65) 6466 9558 or (+65) 9740 6870 (after operating hours)
Operating Hours: 
Lunch - Tue - Fri: 1100 hrs - 1400 hrs; Sat, Sun & PH: 1130 hrs - 1430 hrs (Closed for lunch on Mon)
Dinner - Daily: 1730 hrs - 2230 hrs


No comments:

Post a Comment