Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ambush Sausage and Pasta Bar

Hidden in a small corner of Takashimaya lies this small shop. It was really ambushed literally. But I'm glad it was introduced to me by my buddy. Here's my short review as always:


Soup of the day and Garlic Bread and drink: $3.80

Comments: A set meal consists of a Soup of the Day and a garlic bread, topped with a drink.


Linguine with Japanese Baby Scallops with Cream Fish Roe Sauce: $11.20

Comments: Really loved how the sauce was really creamy, they gave a lot of scallops too, unlike other places that give a few only. The noodle was soft and nice, sauce was not too salty.


Wild Salmon with Linguine $11.80

Comments: The salmon was cooked perfectly, the mayonnaise seems like a mis-matched though. As I'm not a fan of tomato sauce pasta, I found the sauce a bit salty, but my friend said it was ok.


Slipper Lobster Pasta : $14.20

Comments: I did really taste the dish, but my friend said it was ok.

Overall review: A good alternative to the usual Pasta Mania. The only bad thing about the place is that it's small, and if you go during dinner time, you might not find a seat. But the service staff are really friendly because they actually asked a couple to switch places so that they could free up the table for my bigger group.
Recommendation: 7.5/10

Details of the place: 391 Orchard Road #B2-04 Takashimaya
Tel: +65 6726 8303

No comments:

Post a Comment