Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jalan Tua Kong Lau Lim Mee Pok

Introducing my favorite breakfast joint. When I was studying overseas, this was the food that I missed the most. And when I came back, it was the 1st place I went to for a meal.


Half-boiled Egg $0.60 

Comments: At $0.60, it's probably a bit more expensive than most places which sells eggs at $0.50, but the egg is also bigger. They are always made nicely. Add dark soy sauce and a bit of pepper for maximum pleasure.


Pork Lard (free flow)

Comments: You either love it or you hate it. To me, it's the former. 


Mee Pok Dry $4.80 (M)

Comments: What makes this noodles so delicious is actually the chilli. The timing of the noodles is boiled just nice, making it soft and tender. You may choose to remove the beansprouts if you don't like it.


I normally order it medium, add noodles (not add ingredients), dry, chilli with the ingredients separate in a large bowl of soup. This allow me to stir and mix the noodles properly before I eat. The ingredients normally consist of minced pork, prawns, fish-cake and fish balls.


Overall review: Definitely my favorite food of all time. Although they have risen their prices to being quite expensive for a bowl of noodles, I would still go eat at this stall. In fact, most mornings, especially during the weekend, you may have to wait at least 30 - 45 mins.

Details of the place: 308 Bedok Road, Bedok Shopping Centre Singapore. (Basically Simpang Bedok)
Opening Hours: 7.30 am - 5 pm
Recommendation: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment